Recently I have been soup crazy! As my mission to loose weight escalades so does my healthy food diet. These recipes are obviously not the absolute healthiest but it does insure that I’m eating my vegetables and eating in moderation. I have done some research into new blenders since mine recently cracked. I think I might go with the Magic Bullet until I can dish some spare cash towards the Vitamix.
Moving on to Broccoli Heaven…
You will need:
1 Full Broccoli
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Tbs of Butter
4 Cups of Milk
2 Cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Pack of Fresh Mushrooms
1. Cut the broccoli including the stems into small pieces.
2. Once cut, bowl on high for about 10 minutes or until soft.
3. Drain and add to blender.
4. Add chopped garlic cloves, mushrooms, butter and milk.
5. Blend until smooth.
6. Pour the blenders content in a pot at a medium heat.
7. Mix in the Mushroom soup cans.
8. Once properly mixed and heated… Time to serve!
For an additional YUM! serve with Breton Original Crackers and fresh ground pepper!
As winter roles in so does the hot chocolate, candles and soup! Couch throws become a part of my daily dose of relaxation while eating becomes more and more time-consuming! A few days ago I incorporated one of my dad’s household favourites to my new home!
My dad is infamous for turning leftovers into soup!
Nothing is ever wasted at his house and I would love to follow in his foot steps!
Here’s a little concoction I whipped up a few day’s ago!
2 Cans of Diced Tomatoes
4 Large Carrots
1 Tbs.Olive Oil
1. Grate all the carrots into a blender.
2. Add the diced tomatoes,Onion and Olive oil.
4. Use a spoon to mix the ingredients from time to time. This ensures all the vegetables are properly blended.
5. Turn on stove top to medium temperature. Pour soup into a pot and mix slowly until heated.
6. In a small bowl whisk together a little colour and milk. This will allow you to turn your soup into a cream based soup. Make sure you the final result is not too thick. It should be very runny and can easily be mixed.
7. SLOWLY…. Incorporate into soup. Once you’ve reached desired flavour dispose remaining mix.
8. Let cook for about 30 mins.
Ready to be served!